Never have I ever…smoked a cigarette.
In the first post I alluded my favorite drinking game, “Never have I ever.” It’s a game where each person holds up anywhere between three and ten fingers (depending on where you get the rules–everyone playing holds up the same number of fingers), then they take turns saying “Never have I ever…” followed by something they have never done but something others likely have done. Whoever has done that deed puts one finger down, and takes a drink. Once a person has all fingers down, they are out of the game (and usually quite inebriated).
This is what I’m calling my “Life List” or “Bucket List”: my list of things I want to accomplish before I die. As part of the Life Anonymous Girls (LA Girls, from now on), one of my goals is to attempt far more items on my Never Have I Ever List.
I have enough spaces for 100 items, but I haven’t thought of that many yet. Here’s what I have so far:
1. go dog sledding (I truly believe that these dogs love what they do)
2. see the Northern Lights
3. see a volcano erupt (CHECK! I saw Mount Stromboli erupt off the coast of Italy this past summer as our cruise ship passed by it at midnight)
4. swim with dolphins
5. attend a live taping of The Daily Show
6. attend a live taping of The Ellen Show
7. snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef
8. learn to SCUBA dive
9. go parasailing
10. swim in an Iceland hot spring
11. stay in an ice hotel
12. donate a large sum of money to the ASPCA
13. get a dachshund
14. learn another language (become more fluent in Spanish, which I haven’t used in five years, or start learning a new language)
15. live in another country for a while
16. get high (nope, never have I ever)
17. go to a ball
18. go to the Arctic Circle (I’m thinking Svalbard, a territory of Norway)
19. see a NON-Christmas play every year
20. get a pet fish (I had some when I was a little girl, but I think I might appreciate them more now)
21. have a fully stocked bar in my house (so all my friends can have their favorite drink when they come over)
22. enter a short story contest
23. take stained glass classes
24. perfect my homemade pizza (I’m hoping to turn this quest into a short series on this blog)
25. learn to paint “faux” brick (So that I can make a wall look like it’s made of brick–I’ve always loved “exposed” architecture)
26. design pegboard hooks specifically for women’s closets (I promise I’ll do a post on my magnificent closet–and how you can spruce up your closet on the cheap, too!)
27. develop an original recipe
28. go on a hot air balloon ride
29. get my dad to wear a seat belt because he wants to, not because we nag him
30. paint a bulb of garlic on a wall
31. live in Kennebunkport, ME for a short while (just to see what small-town living is all about)
32. buy a Barcelona chair
33. build a dog house
34. go to the Rocky Horror Picture Show (and participate–even if I have to be a part of the “virgin sacrifice”!)
35. keep a book club going for 12 months straight
36. successfully complete 52 books in 52 weeks
That’s all I have so far, but I add to it all the time. I will post each time I complete an item on my list (as well as posts about other times, of course). If anyone knows anyone who knows anyone who can help me easily (and inexpensively) complete an item on my Never Have I Ever List, please let me know!
So what things are on your Life List, Bucket List, Never Have I Ever List, 30 Before 30 List, etc.? I could always use more ideas, or maybe I could even help you out completing yours!
I love you all,
P.S. No, I never have smoked a cigarette, and I never intend to do so.